HOLDEN TOWN BOARD MEETING
April 14, 1999
STARTED- 7:09 p.m.
PRESENT- Mayor Brent Bennett, Don Dastrup, Kent Davis, Juliene Robins, Matt Zeigler
VISITORS- Harvey Gates, Alison Johnson
The minutes of the previous meeting were read- Motion to accept the minutes, as read was made by Juliene Robins seconded by Don Dastrup The bills were read- Motion to pay the bills was made by Kent Davis seconded by Juliene Robins voting was unanimous.
1) Harvey Gates was here to request Quit Claim Deed for property town is vacating next to Harvey's property he purchased from Grant Stevens.
Motion to approve this was made by Don Dastrup seconded by Juliene Robins.
2) Don Dastrup said we need to get water to Shirl Gager and Brian Wade. Discussed having several more water lines bored across Main Street at the same time as Gagers.
3) Juliene Robins said there will be a tour of the Hunter Plant on May 3rd she asked if anyone wants to go.
4) Council discussed checks returned to Town-if Town should charge a fee. Council decided for now no.
5) Delinquent power bills were discussed.
6) Juliene said UAMPS will be refunding working capital of $12,000.00 Juliene also said Flowell Electric came a day early-Juliene had several things she wanted done. Kent said-.according to past year bills-Holden town has paid $3,400.00 in charges for use of trucks alone. Council decided Juliene should draft a letter to Flowell electric of what we want done and how we want it done or we will look elsewhere.
7) Kent Davis said the bid for 200 West from 300 North to Gene Brinkerhoff's and some intersections should be here by middle of May. Council suggested have bid for Post Office included in bid.
9) Mayor Bennett presented a building permit for Ted and Karen Bennett's new addition to council-Council approved permit.
10) Mayor said we have a young man going to Boys State--American Legion asking $250.00 donation. Motion to do this was made by Matt Zeigler seconded by Don Dastrup. Voting was unanimous.
11) Mayor presented bid for GIS for computer mapping $7,100.00-Motim to accept bid was made by Don Dastrup seconded by Juliene Robins voting was unanimous. Bid for Cemetery was also presented $750.00-Motion to accept bid was made by Don Dastrup seconded by Matt Zeigler. Mayor said we need to pay $2485.00 down payment now, so GIS can start.
12) Internet was discussed-Motion to subscribe to Internet for Holden Town was made by Matt Zeigler seconded by Kent Davis-Don Dastrup agreed, Juliene Robins against.
13) Alison Johnson asked about Mundy's cleaning carpets at town Hall- council said to check costs.
14) Alison asked about getting county wide calling at Post Office- Council approved.
15) Alison said pre-budget meeting next month, asked council if wanted to-raise taxes- Council said no.
16) Purchasing policy for Holden town adopted-Motion made by Matt Zeigler seconded by Don Dastrup.
17) Alison requested she be notified what problem is when there is a power outage, so she can notify residents.
18) Motion to dismiss the meeting was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler
Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.