Holden Town Board Meeting
December 13, 2000
Started: 7:05 P.M.
Present: Mayor Brent Bennett, Don Dastrup, Matt Zeigler, Bonnie Mundy, Kent Davis
Visitors: Alison Johnson, Tim Arnold, Jordan Arnold, David Lund, Darlene Talbot.
The Minutes of the previous meeting were read
Motion to accept minutes of the meeting as read was made by Don Dastrup, seconded by
Bonnie Mundy. Voting was unanimous.
The bills were read: Motion to pay the bills was made by Don Dastrup, seconded by Matt
Ziegler. Voting was unanimous.
1) Tim Arnold was here to ask why council said no to his application for a second water
meter. He said that he was following the advise of his attorney, he was video taping the
councils reply. Council said that for now they are not letting anyone have a second meter.
Sunrise Engineering did a report and found that if everyone who has a meter used their
allocated 60,000 gallons there is not enough water coming into the system. So for now no
more second water meters are being allowed. After discussion Tim suggested Town get legal
council, which the Town Council said they were doing.
2) Matt Zeigler presented letter from TruGreen/Lawn Chem that asked if the Town was
interested in their services for the coming spring and summer, if we paid now in full
there will be a 10% discount.
Motion to go ahead and do this was made by Bonnie Mundy, seconded by Don Dastrup. Voting
3) Darlene Talbot said that they have been helping decorate Frances Harmon's home with
outdoor lights. Frances is very excited, hoping to win a prize. Darlene asked if the
council would consider another category of the oldest resident with outdoor lighting.
Frances is the oldest by 2 months. Darlene would like to furnish the prize money.
Council said that it was a good idea.
4) Mayor Bennett said there will be a meeting Thursday December 21 at 7:00 p.m. for Town
Board to meet with legal council to find out what Town can and can't do concerning water.
5) Don Dastrup said we need a new chlorinator. Motion to go ahead and purchase one was
made by Matt Zeigler, seconded by Don Dastrup. Voting was unanimous.
6) Building permits were discussed, the inspections are to help the owners, to make sure
there is quality work done and meets code.
7) Bonnie Mundy presented a copy of Fillmore's ordinance about pigs. Really doesn't meet
Dave Lund suggested to check the new zoning ordinance to see if there is anything.
8) David Lund was here from Planning and Zoning Committee to present new building code -
Motion to pass the building code was made by Bonnie Mundy seconded by Kent David.
Voting was unanimous.
9) Bonnie asked asked what we can do about the black mud on the sides of streets Council
said wait until spring, we will probably have more floods.
10) Kent Davis asked about changing old electric meters, old meters run slow.
Asked about buying in bulk - Council said to go ahead.
11) Maintaining our own electric system was discussed.
12) Alison Johnson was here to give financial report and report on audit. Everything went
13) Motion to give Christmas bonus to Mayor and Council members was made by Kent Davis,
seconded by Matt Ziegler.
14)Motion to dismiss the meeting was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler.
Meeting adjourned at 8:50 p.m.