Holden Town Board Meeting
February 9, 2000
Present: Mayor Brent Bennett, Don Dastrup, Kent Davis, Bonnie Mundy, Matt Zeigler
Visitors: Merrill Johnson, Shirl Gager, Ken Jackson, Alison Johnson, Karla Dastrup
The minutes of the previous meeting were read: Motion to accept the minutes as read was
made by Kent Davis, Seconded by Don Dastrup
The bills were read: Motion to pay the bills was made by Don dastrup seconded by bonnie
(1) Merrill Johnson was here about a building permit for two more green houses.
Application was approved. Council asked Merrill to contact Jack Peterson for the two
2) Shirl Gager was here to talk about the maintanence building to be added onto the Fire
House. He has a bid from Heritage building Construction from Ephraim, cost for 90x40
$65,000; for 40x100 $75,000. Shirl will call Butch Jensen on a bid also. Shirl said the
Fireman's Dinner will be Feb. 18 at the Paradise Restuarant. Fireman will burn the Dump
Saturday Feb. 12.
3) Mayor Bennett said he talked to Lynn Wall, Lynn would like to look at the papers
Sunrise Engineering did for our water system.
4) Bonnie Mundy asked about the road base to be put on the side of the new oil roads in
Town, and what the cost will be. ATV's in town was discussed. Council decided to post a
notice to get residents opinions on ATV roadways in town.
5) Matt Zeigler discussed the construction of the Restroom/Concession building. Matt also
said alot of speeding out of town in the mornings. What can be done about it?
Matt said there have been complaints Kay Bennett hasn't paid hos fine of $200.00 for
6) Kent Davis discussed Dog problems. Kent said there is an outing at Glen Canyon Dam
sponsored by UAMPS March 12-14 at Page Arizona, for Town Council Members. Council approved
going. Contract with Flowell Electric was discussed.
7) Kent said the penalty on delinquent light bills has been 10%, bringing it down to 5%
approved 4 to 1. Don voted for 4%.
8) Mayor Bennett said David Lund is chairman for Planning and Zoning Committee with Fawn
Hunter, David Johnson, Jim Masner to serve on the committee. Council approved Committee.
9) David Wood wants to change his meter to the back of his store. Will need to put a new
meter for him. Approved.
10) Kent Davis and Mayor Bennett talked to State Retirement for the full time employees.
Requirements work 20 hours per week.
Alison Johnson to check into other requirements.
11) Motion to dismiss the meeting was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler
Meeting adjourned at 9:05 P.M.