Holden Town Board Meeting
January 10, 2001
Started: 7:05 P.M.
Present: Mayor Brent Bennett, Don Dastrup, Matt Zeigler, Bonnie Mundy, Kent Davis
Visitors: Alison Johnson, David Wood.
The Minutes of the previous meeting were read
Motion to accept minutes of the meeting as read was made by Kent Davis, seconded by
Don Dastrup. Voting was unanimous.
The bills were read: Motion to pay the bills was made by Matt Zeigler, seconded by Don
Dastrup. Voting was unanimous.
1) Don Dastrup said he had contacted Dave Church, the attorney with Utah League
of Cities and Towns. Mr. Church will help us with the legal action taken against
the town by Tim Arnold. Mr. Church will answer the response for the court
documents, then we'll go from there..
2) Don said after talking with the attorney that the town needs to make a Moratorium
on any new water connections until we can check on new sources and our present
supply. Notice will be run in the Progress for the nest two weeks then we
will have a special open hearing to discuss and pass the Moratorium. The
hearing will be held Jan. 25, 2001 at 7:00 p.m. at the town hall.
3) Mayor Bennett said the students from BYU will be here Jan. 29, at 7:00, with
more on Planning and Zoning everyone needs to be there.
4) Bonnie Mundy discussed pigs again, council suggested checking ordinances
about large number of animals in a small space.
5) Kent Davis asked about checking into possibility of acquiring more
water. Motion to do this was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler,
voting was unanimous.
6) Kent said our UAMPS bid was not accepted. UAMPS is working on other
7) Kent discussed maintaining our own electrical system as much as
possible. He suggested getting a boom truck so that we can trim trees,
replace street lights, replace fuses, etc.. Then we will have Flowell
Electic or UP&L as backup for larger things.
8) Kent also said there was an idea for an Eagle project. Bus stop
shelters on skids so that they can be moved around.
9) Bonnie asked about dirt from cleaning ditches, who should clean it up?
The council said who ever cleaned the ditch.
10) Alison Johnson presented financial report. She had Don Dastrup sign
the water adjustments.
11) Alison also said that Caselle is updating their computer programs from DOS
to Windows at a cost of $2600.00 including training. Motion to update
utility billing program was made by Don Dastrup, seconded by Bonnie Mundy.
Voting was unanimous.
12) Judith Kelly's delinquent bill was discussed. Town has bankruptcy
notice. Council said to go ahead and take off books.
13) Building permits were discussed.
14) Wage increases for employees was discussed. Tabled until next month.
15) Alison asked what to do about Valeria Stephenson and Rodney Evans delinquent bills.
Council said to stop the interest on Rodney Evans bill.
Other delinquents were discussed.
16)Motion to dismiss the meeting was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler. Voting was unanimous.
Meeting adjourned at 8:00 p.m.