Holden Town Board Meeting
July 14, 1999
Started- 8:00 p.m.
Present- Mayor Brent Bennett, Kent Davis, Don Dastrup, Matt Zeigler
Visitors- Darlene Talbot, Alison Johnson, Terry Brewer
Minutes of the previous meeting were read-Motion to accept the minutes as read was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler voting was unanimous.
1) The bills were read-Motion to pay the bills was made by Kent Davis seconded by Don Dastrup Voting was unanimous.
2) Don Dastrup said there is water Conference in Ogden August 20, Don said would be a good idea for someone to go. Council approved Don going if he can arrange it.
3) Matt Zeigler said to lease a backhoe-monthly payments would be $4,400.00 pet month. Matt said Ken Zeigler is selling his backhoe it's a 4-wheel drive with a cab, has around 1600 hours for $38,000-00 trade in for Town backhoe is $5,000.00. Council discussed possibly repair backhoe to sell. Motion to purchase Ken Zeiglers backhoe for $38,000.00 and repair old backhoe to put up for bid was made by Kent Davis seconded by Don Dastrup Voting was unanimous
4) Terry Brewer from Questar was here to reaffirm they are a quality company interested in communities. He said they are available when they can schedule to help Town's and non-profit organizations with projects and equipment. Questar is building a large barbecue grill that will be available for use for large gatherings.
5) Kent Davis said Staker Paving will be here July 22nd to start on roads. Kent also said intersection by Mark Stephenson's has a large chuck hole, Ken Jackson needs to repair.
6) Darlene Talbot asked what can be done about dogs loose and barking at night. Mayor said council is going to be working on a dog ordinance.
7) Alison Johnson explained financial report and finished budget to Council
8) Kent Davis asked if Town is rated for bonding. Alison will check into this.
9) Alison said Ken Jackson last raise was March of 1998. Motion to give Ken Jackson a 3% retroactive to June 1999 was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler Voting was unanimous.
10) Mayor Bennett had a Fire District-loss control survey-Mayor will fill out then have council sign.
11) Vacating of streets by Lovell's was discussed-will check into this.
12) Mike Hodges requested a seconded water meter-council discussed then Motion was made New home construction to remain $1,000.00 for water meter hook-up-second water meter hook-up will be $10,000.00, by Don Dastrup seconded by Matt Zeigler Voting was unanimous.
13) Alison Johnson requested refund Judith Kelley's electric deposit to go towards her outstanding bill.
14) Council discussed council pay raises-Motion to give council $20.00 per month raise was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler Voting was unanimous.
15) Motion to dismiss the meeting was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler.
Meeting adjourned at 9:25 p.m.