Holden Town Board Meeting
June 14, 2000
Started: 8:10 P.M.
Present: Mayor Brent Bennett, Don Dastrup, Matt Zeigler, Kent Davis, Bonnie Mundy
Visitors: Alison Johnson.
The Minutes of the previous meeting were read
Motion to accept minutes as read was made by Kent Davis, seconded by Matt Zeigler. Voting
The bills were read: Motion to pay the bills was made by Matt Zeigler, seconded by Bonnie
Mundy. Voting was unanimous.
1) Don Dastrup told council about well by Stan Harmon's it has been tested, need to decide
if it gives enough water to make it worth putting into system.
2) Valeria Stephenson water bill was discussed.
3) Bonnie Mundy discussed county ATV trails.
4) Matt Zeigler explained some plans for old swimming pool area. One idea is a
volley ball court. Dusty and Cody Johnson have asked Matt about doing this for an
Eagle project. Motion to have Cody and Dusty Johnson put in a volley ball court was
made by Bonnie Mundy, seconded by Matt Zeigler, Don Dastrup agreed, Kent Davis didn't
5) 4th of July was discussed. Suggested.a breakfast, with a flag raising ceremony.
Other things may be included through out the day with dinner by Little League and races.
6) Kent Davis discussed delinquent power bills. Letter to be delivered, shut off notice.
7) Mayor Bennett presented application for secretary for planning and zoning committee,
from Jolynn Blodget. Motion to accept Jolynn as secretary and pay $6.00 per hour was
made by Kent Davis, seconded by Matt Zeigler. Voting was unanimous.
8) Mayor Bennett read letter from Best Western about offer for elected officials.
9) Letter from Fillmore Elementary was read asking for donation for RIF reading program.
Motion to donate $100.00 for RIF reading program was made by Bonnie Mundy, seconded
by Don Dastrup. Voting was unanimous.
10) Alison Johnson was here to present budget for 2000-2001 year.
General government - $85,000.00
Fire Department - $7,000.00
Roads - $35,000.00
Sanitary Landfill - $27,000.00
Health and Welfare - $10,000.00
Recreation - $40,000.00
Parks - $10,000.00
Cemetery - $10,000.00
Post Office - 35,000.00
General Expenditures Total - $259,000.00
Water - $55,000.00
Electric - $160,000.00
Motion to pass the 2000-2001 budget was made by Don Dastrup, seconded by Bonnie Mundy.
Voting was unanimous. 11) Alison said Matt Zeigler had contacted her to report he has
several ideas for Eagle Projects coming up.
11) Motion to dismiss the meeting was made by Kent Davis seconded by Matt Zeigler.
Voting was unanimous.
Meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.